There are numerous ways parents and members of the College community can be involved with and engaged in the College, including as a member of the Wesley College Council.
The Nominations Committee of Council is responsible for making new Councillor recommendations to the College Council when vacancies occur from time to time. The Committee makes recommendations based on skills-based criteria having regard to gender balance.
The Committee is currently seeking expressions of interest from interested and suitably qualified members of the College community. Expressions of interest are added to the pool of potential candidates for Council, sub-committees and the Foundation.
We are seeking expressions of interest from prospective members for Council who have governance experience and deep competencies in one or more of the following areas:
- Governance (including not-for-profit governance), Compliance and Legal
- People, Culture (including indigenous) and Organisational Development
- Finance, Accounting and Risk Management
- Brand and Marketing
- Educational Trends and Technology Disruption
- Global Experience, Strategy and Business Development
All Committee members must declare conflicts of interest. Other than the Principal, no member of the Council receives any remuneration or reimbursement of expenses in their role as a Council member.
The Council elects from its members a President and Vice President. The Council appoints the College Secretary to the Council.
Expectations of Council and committee members
Each Council member plays a part in ensuring good governance of the College, overseeing strategic direction budget setting, and ensuring compliance whilst maintaining strict confidentiality and separation of management and governance.
- Council members are elected for a four-year term.
- Council meetings are held approximately 10 times a year.
- Council members are asked to contribute to at least one Council committee – Property, Finance and Risk Management, Foundation, Ethics and Nominations, each of which meets up to an additional 10 times a year.
- Council and committee positions are voluntary and unpaid.
To express interest in a governance role at Wesley College, please access the expression of interest form here.