Academic Excellence Scholarships for 2025 entry are now open.
Academic Excellence scholarships are awarded to students entering Years 5, 7 and 10 in 2025, who demonstrate academic excellence based on the results of a test and interview. Scholarships may be awarded for a 25 - 75% reduction in tuition fees for the duration of the student’s time at the College.
To be eligible for an Academic Excellence Scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent or temporary resident
- be a new or current Wesley student entering Years 5, 7 or 10 in 2025 at the St Kilda Road or Glen Waverley Campus, or Years 5 or 7 in 2025 at the Elsternwick Campus
- attend and complete the academic test, which will be held on Saturday 3 February 2024 for students in Year 4, 6 or 9.
Academic Excellence scholarships are awarded based on:
- The results of the academic test and supporting documentation provided at the time of application
- Interview with Head of Campus (or delegate)
- Interviews are held both in person and via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
No other supporting documentation or testing/academic results will be considered.
The following documents are required for your application to be reviewed. All documentation must be submitted by the closing date.
- the applicant’s most recent school report
- the applicant’s most current NAPLAN results, or if no test has previously been completed, then a second school report
- a recent photograph of the applicant
- birth certificate
- Visa or other relevant information for candidates who are temporary or permanant residence
- Complete the means-testing details where needs-based considerations apply.
STEP 1. Create an EduTest Account
Click on the APPLY NOW scholarship application button (above) which will take you to the Edutest website where you will be asked to create an Edutest account.
Step 2. Complete the EduTest Scholarship Application Form
Once you have created an Edutest account, you will be able to complete the scholarship application form and pay a one-off registration fee of $90.00 for each candidate for whom you are applying.
We encourage candidates to apply for all relevant scholarship categories to increase the opportunity for consideration across all available scholarships. These include:
- Academic Excellence scholarships
- Rennie Coutts STEM Scholarships for girls
- General Excellence Scholarships including all categories of excellence
A link to upload supporting documentation will be provided in the Edutest Confirmation Email upon successful submission of the scholarship application form.
Step 3. Means-Testing
All Wesley College Scholarships are awarded on merit, recognising students’ existing talents, achievements and academic performance as well as their potential to contribute to the College community.
You may apply for means-testing as part of your scholarship application. The means-testing component of our scholarship program seeks to provide additional support for families with demonstrated financial need and relevant personal circumstances seeking the opportunity of a Wesley education.
The link to the optional means-testing form will be available via a confirmation email that will be sent upon completion and submission of the EduTest Scholarship application form.
The Scholarship application form, including supporting documentation and if relevant, the means-testing form, must be completed and submitted by Wednesday 24 January 2024.
Step 4. Register for the Academic Test
Upon completion of the EduTest Scholarship Application Form you will receive an email asking you to register to sit the Academic Test on Saturday 3 February 2024. Please complete the Academic Test registration form linked in the email.
The academic test covers a range of disciplines including numerical reasoning, reading comprehension and mathematics.
Please visit the EduTest website or call 03 9014 1411 to find out about:
- how to prepare using practice tests
- the remote testing service for students who are interstate, overseas or remote from the testing venue
- what happens if your child is sick on testing day.
Step 5. Sit the Academic Test
Students sit the test at the relevant testing centre (St Kilda Road Campus or Elsternwick Campus) on Saturday 3 February 2024.
Step 6. Interview
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview with the Head of Campus (or delegate). Interviews are held both in person or via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
Step 7. Scholarship Offer and Outcome
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within three weeks of the academic testing date with advice on the outcome of their application. Please note, results from the academic testing are unable to be released to families.
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants must sign the letter of offer and pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1,200 and Tuition Contribution fee of $2,800. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply for a scholarship in future years, where eligibility criteria are met.
We encourage you to apply for Wesley's Academic Excellence scholarships however in addition to these we have a number of named Academic Excellence scholarships for students that meet specific eligibility criteria which you can also apply for. Please see the list of named scholarships below:
Types of Academic Scholarships
For female students who demonstrate an interest in, and aptitude for, STEM based on the academic test and the supplementary 30-minute science-based written exercise.
Nigel Cherk Memorial Academic Scholarship
For students wishing to attend the Glen Waverley Campus in 2025 and who demonstrate academic excellence based on the results of an academic test and interview and who merit financial assistance.