The Lewis Posner Boarding Scholarship is awarded to students from rural Victoria seeking to attend our Glen Waverley Campus boarding facility Learning in Residence.
This scholarship is available due to the generous donation of the late Lewis Posner (OW1925) and his sister Rozetta Lenzer.
Lewis Posner Boarding Scholarship applications for 2022 entry close at 5pm on Friday 8 October 2021.
To be eligible for the Lewis Posner Boarding Scholarship, applicants must be:
- a new student entering the Glen Waverley Campus boarding program in Year 9, 10 or 11 in 2022
- an Australian citizen from rural or regional Australia.
Candidates may apply for either the Lewis Posner Boarding Scholarship or the Learning in Residence Scholarship and are not permitted to apply for both.
Applicants are assessed using a combination of the following selection criteria:
- excellent academic records
- sporting achievements
- participation and achievement in the arts (music, performance or visual arts)
- examples of leadership and community service
- demonstrated contribution to the candidate’s current school community and passion and potential for contributing to Wesley College.
The following documents are required in order for your application to be processed:
- the applicant’s most recent school report
- a recent photograph of the applicant
- the applicant’s most current NAPLAN results, or if no test has previously been completed, then a second school report
- a statement from the applicant outlining how they will contribute to the Wesley community (addressing the selection criteria above). Accepted file formats include: PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC and DOCX
- a completed Enrolment Questionnaire, which will be sent to you to complete once your application has been received.
Applications incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
This fee is waived for current students and children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Terms and Conditions apply
STEP 1. APPLY ONLINE
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s suitability, addressing the selection criteria and requirements outlined above.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received.
Please note: Supporting documents not listed as part of the required documentation above will not be considered.
We encourage families to attend a campus tour or open day prior to the scholarship closing date if possible.
STEP 2. ENROLMENT QUESTIONNAIRE
Shortlisted applicants will be sent an Enrolment Questionnaire to complete for your child. This must be completed and returned with the relevant specialists reports or supporting documentation (as required) in order to progress to an interview.
STEP 3. INTERVIEW
On receipt of the Enrolment Questionnaire, you will be invited to an interview with the Head of Boarding and Head of Campus (or delegates).
Interviews are held in person or via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
STEP 4. SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants sign the letter of offer and pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200 and Tuition Contribution fee of $2800. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.