The Lewis Posner Boarding Scholarship is awarded to students from rural Victoria seeking to attend our Glen Waverley Campus boarding facility Learning in Residence.
This scholarship is available due to the generous donation of the late Lewis Posner (OW1925) and his sister Rozetta Lenzer.
Applications for Lewis Posner Boarding scholarships for 2021 entry are now open. Applications close on Friday 9 October 2020.
To be eligible for the Lewis Posner Boarding Scholarship, applicants must be:
- a new student entering the Glen Waverley Campus boarding program in Year 9, 10 or 11 in 2021
- an Australian citizen, permanent or temporary resident from rural or regional Victoria.
Candidates may apply for either the Lewis Posner Boarding Scholarship or the Learning in Residence Scholarship and are not permitted to apply for both.
Applicants are assessed using a combination of the following selection criteria:
- excellent academic records
- sporting achievements
- participation and achievement in the arts (music, performance or visual arts)
- examples of leadership and community service
- demonstrated contribution to the candidate’s current school community and passion and potential for contributing to Wesley College.
The following documents are required in order for your application to be processed:
- the applicant’s most recent school report
- a recent photograph of the applicant
- the applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results
- a statement from the applicant outlining how they will contribute to the Wesley community (addressing the selection criteria above). Accepted file formats include: PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC and DOCX.
Applications incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
This fee is waived for current students and children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Step 1. Apply online
To begin an online application, click on the ‘Apply now’ button below.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s suitability, addressing the selection criteria and requirements outlined above.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received.
Step 2. Interview
Shortlisted applicants are invited for an interview with the Director of Boarding and Head of Campus (or delegates).
Interviews are held both in person and via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
Step 3. Scholarships offered
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants sign the letter of offer and pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.