Wesley’s Learning in Residence Scholarship offers students the opportunity to live and learn within the contemporary boarding facilities at the Glen Waverley Campus.
The Learning in Residence Scholarship typically awards a 50% reduction in tuition and boarding fees.
Applications for boarding scholarships are now closed.
To be eligible for the Learning in Residence boarding Scholarship, applicants must be:
- a new or current student entering our Glen Waverley Campus boarding program in Years 9, 10 or 11 in 2021
- an Australian citizen.
Candidates may apply for either the Learning in Residence Boarding Scholarship or the Lewis Posner Boarding Scholarship and are not permitted to apply for both.
Applicants are assessed using a combination of the following selection criteria:
- excellent academic records
- sporting achievements
- participation and achievement in the arts (music, performance or visual arts)
- examples of leadership and community service
- demonstrated contribution to the candidate’s current school community and passion and potential for contributing to Wesley College.
The following documents are required for your application to be processed:
- the applicant’s most recent school report.
- a recent photograph of the applicant.
- the applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results.
- a statement from the applicant outlining how they will contribute to the Wesley community (addressing the selection criteria above). Accepted file formats include: PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC and DOCX.
- a completed Enrolment Questionnaire, which will be sent to you to complete once your application has been received.
Applications incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
This fee is waived for current students and children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Step 1. Apply online
To begin an online application click on the ‘Apply now’ button below.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s suitability, addressing the selection criteria outlined above.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received. You will be sent an Enrolment Questionnaire to complete for your child. This must be completed and returned with the relevant specialists reports or supporting documentation (as required) in order to progress your child’s scholarship application.
Please note: Supporting documents not listed as part of the required documentation above will not be considered.
We encourage families to attend a campus tour or open day prior to the scholarship closing date if possible.
Step 2. Interview
Shortlisted applicants are invited for an interview with the Director of Boarding and Head of Campus (or delegates). Interviews are held both in person and via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
Step 3. Scholarships offered
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.