General Excellence Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate excellent academic results, as well as achievement in one or more of the following; sport, music, performance, art, leadership or community service.
Applications open Monday 11 November 2019 for 2021 entry.
To be eligible for the General Excellence Scholarship, applicants must be:
- a new or current student entering Years 5 to 11 in 2021 at any of our three Melbourne campuses (Glen Waverley, St Kilda Road and Elsternwick)
- an Australian citizen, permanent or temporary resident.
Candidates may apply for only one of the R. G. Menzies, General Excellence or Glen Waverley Middle School Expansion Scholarships.
Applicants are assessed using the following selection criteria:
- excellent academic records
- sporting achievements
- participation and achievement in the arts (music, performance or visual arts)
- examples of leadership and community service
- demonstrated contribution to the candidate’s current school community and passion and potential for contributing to Wesley College.
The following documents are required for your application to be processed:
- the applicant’s most recent school report
- a recent photograph of the applicant
- the applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results
- a statement from the applicant outlining how they will contribute to the Wesley community (addressing the selection criteria above). Accepted file formats include: PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC and DOCX.
Applicants incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
This fee is waived for current students and children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Step 1. Apply online
When applications open for 2021 entry, please complete and submit the online application form.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability as per the selection criteria and requirements.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received.
Supporting documents not listed as part of the required documentation above will not be considered.
We encourage families to attend a campus tour or open day prior to the scholarship closing date.
Step 2. Interview
Shortlisted applicants are invited for an interview with the Head of Campus (or delegate) after the scholarship closing date. Interviews are held both in person and via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
Step 3. Scholarship offer
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in Term 2 of the year of application.
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply for a scholarship in future years, where they meet the eligibility criteria.