General Excellence Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate a high level of academic achievement as well as achievement in one or more of the following; sport (state or national standard), music, performance, art, leadership or community service.
Applications for General Excellence Scholarships for 2022 entry will open on Monday 16 November 2020 and will close at 5pm on Friday 12 March 2021.
To be eligible for the General Excellence Scholarship, applicants must be:
- a new or current student entering Years 5 to 11 in 2022 at any of our three Melbourne campuses (Glen Waverley, St Kilda Road and Elsternwick)
- an Australian citizen, permanent or temporary resident.
Candidates may apply for only one of the General Excellence or Glen Waverley Middle School Expansion Scholarships.
Applicants are assessed using a combination of the following selection criteria:
- excellent academic records
- sporting achievements (state or national level)
- participation and outstanding achievement in the arts (music, performance or visual arts)
- examples of leadership and community service
- demonstrated contribution to the candidate’s current school community and passion and potential for contributing to Wesley College.
The following documents are required for your application to be processed:
- the applicant’s most recent school report
- a recent photograph of the applicant
- the applicant’s most current NAPLAN results, or if no test has previously been completed, then a second school report
- a statement from the applicant outlining how they will contribute to the Wesley community (addressing the selection criteria above). Accepted file formats include: PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC and DOCX.
Applicants incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
This fee is waived for current students and children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Terms and Conditions apply.
STEP 1. APPLY ONLINE
When applications open for 2022 entry, please complete and submit the online application form.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability as per the selection criteria and requirements.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received.
Supporting documents not listed as part of the required documentation above will not be considered.
We encourage families to attend a campus tour or open day prior to the scholarship closing date.
STEP 2. INTERVIEW
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to complete and return an Enrolment Questionnaire prior to interview. Applicants are invited for an interview with the Head of Campus (or delegate) after the scholarship closing date. Interviews are held both in person and via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
STEP 3. SCHOLARSHIP OFFERS AND OUTCOMES
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in Term 2 of the year prior to entry.
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200 and Tuition Contribution fee of $2800.. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply for a scholarship in future years, where they meet the eligibility criteria.