Wesley’s Academic Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate strong academic knowledge and skills across a broad range of disciplines.
Applications open Monday 11 November 2019 for 2021 entry
Testing date: Saturday 8 February 2020 for entry in 2021.
Testing Venues: Glen Waverley Campus (for Glen Waverley Applicants) and St Kilda Road Campus (for St Kilda Road and Elsternwick applicants)
To be eligible for an Academic Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a new or current Wesley student entering Year 5, 7 and 10 at any of Wesley College’s three Melbourne campuses – St Kilda Road, Elsternwick or Glen Waverley.
- attend and complete the academic test, which is held early in the year prior to entry when a student is in Year 4, 6 or 9.
Applicants may submit one Academic Scholarship application for one Wesley campus only.
Academic scholarships are awarded solely on the results of the academic test. No other supporting documentation or testing/academic results will be considered.
All Academic Scholarship applications incur a non-refundable $100 application fee, paid by credit card. This fee also applies to new and current Wesley students and children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Step 1. Register for the relevant academic test online
When academic testing registrations open on Monday 11 November 2019 for 2021 entry, a registration link will be published on this page. Please complete your registration for the academic test at one campus only.
- The Glen Waverley Campus test (for Glen Waverley applicants only).
- The St Kilda Road test (for both Elsternwick and St Kilda Rd applicants).
You will receive an acknowledgement email once you have registered for the applicable test.
Step 2. Sit the test
Students sit the test at the relevant testing centre (Glen Waverley Campus or St Kilda Rd Campus). The academic test covers a range of disciplines including numerical reasoning, reading comprehension and mathematics.
Please visit the EduTest website or call +61 (0)3 9014 1411 to find out about:
- how to prepare using practice tests
- the remote testing service for students who are interstate, overseas or remote from the testing venue
- what happens if your child is sick on testing day.
Step 3. Scholarship offer
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in Term 2 of the year of application.
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants sign the letter of offer and pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply for a scholarship in future years, where eligibility criteria are met.