Wesley’s Academic Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence across a broad range of disciplines. This is determined by the results of an Edutest exam and following an interview.
Applications for Academic Scholarships for 2022 entry are closed.
To be eligible for an Academic Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a new or current Wesley student entering Year 5, 7 and 10 in 2022 at St Kilda Road or Glen Waverley campuses, or Years 5 and 7 in 2022 at the Elsternwick campus
- attend and complete the academic test, which is held early in the year prior to entry when a student is in Year 4, 6 or 9
- be an Australian citizen, permanent or temporary resident.
Applicants may submit one Academic Scholarship application for one Wesley campus only.
Academic scholarships are awarded on the results of the academic test and interview with Head of Campus (or delegate). Interviews are held both in person and via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location. No other supporting documentation or testing/academic results will be considered.
All Academic Scholarship applications incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
Terms and Conditions apply
STEP 1. REGISTER FOR THE RELEVANT ACADEMIC TEST ONLINE
The applications for 2022 are closed now.
STEP 2. SIT THE TEST
Students sit the test at the relevant testing centre (Glen Waverley Campus or Elsternwick Campus). The academic test covers a range of disciplines including numerical reasoning, reading comprehension and mathematics.
Please visit the EduTest website or call +61 (0)3 9014 1411 to find out about:
- how to prepare using practice tests
- the remote testing service for students who are interstate, overseas or remote from the testing venue
- what happens if your child is sick on testing day.
STEP 3. INTERVIEW
Shortlisted applicants are invited to complete and return an Enrolment Questionnaire before an interview with the Head of Campus (or delegate). Interviews are held both in person or via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
STEP 4. SCHOLARSHIP OFFER AND OUTCOME
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in Term 2 of the year prior to entry.
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants must sign the letter of offer and pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200 and Tuition Contribution fee of $2800. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply for a scholarship in future years, where eligibility criteria are met.