Wesley College welcomes applications from individuals who are open, inquiring and enthusiastic. Before beginning your application, we recommend browsing our website to gain an understanding of our culture and values.
What to include in your application
We recommend taking time and care when compiling your application, which should include:
- a cover letter outlining why you would like to work at Wesley College and your suitability to the role
- a resume detailing your qualifications and experience
- contact details for three referees.
Wesley College is an equal opportunity employer and maintains strict privacy and confidentiality regarding information provided in all applications.
All College staff are expected to complete a range of important compliance requirements. The majority of these requirements will be issued to new staff after they commence with the College, but employment at the College is contingent on the following compliance requirements being completed before commencement of employment:
- applicants for teaching and learning positions must be registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- non-teaching staff, including tutors, must hold, or be prepared to undergo, a Working with Children Check and National Police Record Check
- as a child safe employer, the College requires all potential employees and volunteers to comply with the College’s Child Protection and Safety Policy and Child Safety Code of Conduct. All staff new to the College are also required to sign a declaration that they have read and understood these important child safety documents.
Details of all requirements will be provided to new staff members as part of the employment documentation issued to them by the College.
Submit your application online via the Wesley College careers portal (unless otherwise specified).
If you are experiencing difficulties, you may email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, identifying the role you are applying for in the subject of your email.
All applications submitted prior to the closing date will receive an acknowledgement email.
- Applications reviewed and short listed
A selection committee will review your application against the position requirements.
This process usually happens within 14 days of the application closing date however, this period may vary. Your application acknowledgement email will outline the review period specific to the role you have applied for.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to confirm their referees prior to interview.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. At the interview there will be the opportunity to ask questions to the selection panel and provide additional supplementary material to support your application.
- Reference checks
Up to three referees will be contacted as part of the final stage of the selection process.
The successful candidate will typically receive a verbal offer of employment initially. They will then receive a written employment contract which they are expected to sign prior to commencement to formally accept the offer of employment.
Wesley College welcomes applications from individuals who are open, inquiring and passionate.
Please contact email@example.com with any enquiries regarding the application process.