A limited number of scholarships are available to new students entering Year 10 or Year 11 at our Glen Waverley Campus in 2021.
The scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate excellence and achievement in a combination of the following areas: academic results, sport, music, performance, art, leadership or community service.
Year 10 marks the beginning of Senior School at Wesley, with a rich diversity of subject choice available to students before selecting either the VCE or IB Diploma Program (IB DP) pathway in Years 11 and 12.
Applications for Year 10 & Year 11 Glen Waverley Scholarships will open on Friday 5 June 2020 and close at 5.00pm Friday 11 September 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
The application form for this scholarship will be available to download from this page at 9.00am on Friday 5 June 2020.
To be eligible for the Year 10 and 11 Glen Waverley scholarship, applicants must be:
- a new student entering Year 10 or 11 2021 at our Glen Waverley Campus;
- an Australian citizen, permanent or temporary resident.
Previous applicants for 2021 entry to Years 10 or 11 need not apply.
Applicants are assessed using a combination of the following selection criteria:
- excellent academic records
- sporting achievements
- participation and achievement in the arts (music, performance or visual arts)
- examples of leadership and community service
- demonstrated contribution to the candidate’s current school community and passion and potential for contributing to Wesley College.
The following documents are required for your application to be processed:
- the applicant’s most recent school report (Semester 1, 2020)
- a recent photograph of the applicant
- the applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results
- evidence of achievement in a combination of the following: academic results, sport, music, performing arts, visual arts
- a one-page statement from the applicant outlining how they will contribute to the Wesley community (addressing the selection criteria above). Accepted file formats include: PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC and DOCX.
Applicants incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
This fee is waived for children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Step 1. Apply
When applications open for 2021 entry, please complete and submit the PDF application form and relevant supporting documents via email to email@example.com.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability as per the selection criteria and requirements.
You will receive an acknowledgement email within 1-3 working days once your application has been received.
Supporting documents not listed as part of the required documentation above will not be considered.
We encourage families to attend a campus tour prior to the scholarship closing date.
Step 2. Interview
Shortlisted applicants are invited for an interview with the Head of Campus (or delegate). Interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date for applications. Interviews may be held in person or via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
Step 3. Scholarship offer
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by the end of Term 4 2020.
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply for a scholarship in future years, where they meet the eligibility criteria.
To view our Scholarship terms and conditions, please click here