R.G. Menzies Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate a commitment to strong academic achievement, leadership, community service and social justice.
Applications for R.G. Menzies scholarships for 2021 entry are now open. Applications close on Friday 6 March 2020.
The R.G. Menzies Scholarship is named after one of Wesley College’s most famous alumni and Australia’s longest serving Prime Minister, Sir Robert Menzies – himself a scholarship recipient.
To be eligible for the R.G. Menzies Scholarship, applicants must be:
- a new or current Wesley College student
- entering Years 7 to 11 in 2021 at any of our three Melbourne campuses (Glen Waverley, St Kilda Road and Elsternwick)
- an Australian citizen, or permanent or temporary resident.
Candidates may apply for multiple scholarships; however, candidates may apply for only one of the R.G. Menzies, General Excellence or Glen Waverley Middle School Expansion Scholarships.
R.G. Menzies Scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate:
- leadership attributes
- high academic achievement
- participation and achievement in cocurricular activities
- a commitment to social justice and community service.
The following documents are required for your application to be processed:
- the applicant’s most recent school report.
- a recent photograph of the applicant.
- the applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results.
- a statement from the applicant outlining how they will contribute to the Wesley community (addressing the selection criteria). Accepted file formats include: PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC and DOCX.
Applicants incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
This fee is waived for current students and children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Step 1. Apply online
When applications open, please complete and submit the online application form.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability as per the selection criteria and requirements.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received.
We encourage families to attend a campus tour or open day prior to the scholarship closing date.
Supporting documents not listed as part of the required documentation above will not be considered.
Step 2. Interview
Shortlisted applicants are invited for an interview with the Head of Campus (or delegate) after the scholarship closing date. Interviews are held both in person and via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
Step 3. Scholarships offered
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in Term 2 of the year prior to entry.
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
"From a financial point of view, the R. G. Menzies Scholarship enabled that delicate web of excelling in sport and excelling academically."