Due to the recent expansion and redevelopment of the campus and the Middle School, Wesley College, Glen Waverley Campus is pleased to offer the Glen Waverley Middle School Expansion Scholarship.
This scholarship is awarded to students entering the middle years who demonstrate strong academic and cocurricular potential.
Applications open Monday 11 November 2019 for 2021 entry.
To be eligible for the Glen Waverley Middle School Expansion Scholarship, applicants must be:
- a new student entering Years 5, 6 or 7 at the Glen Waverley Campus
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Please note: candidates may apply for multiple scholarships however, candidates may apply for only one of the R. G. Menzies, General Excellence or Glen Waverley Middle School Expansion Scholarship.
Applicants are assessed using the following selection criteria:
- excellent academic records
- sporting achievements, participation and achievement in the arts (music, performance or visual arts)
- examples of leadership and community service
- demonstrated contribution to the candidate’s current school community and passion and potential for making a contribution to Wesley College.
The following documents are required for your application to be processed:
- the applicant’s most recent school report
- a recent photograph of the applicant
- the applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results
- a statement from the applicant outlining how they will contribute to the Wesley community (addressing the selection criteria above). Accepted file formats include: PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC and DOCX.
Applications incur a non-refundable $100 application fee.
This fee is waived for current students and children/grandchildren of Old Collegians.
Step 1. Apply online
When applications open for 2021 entry, please complete and submit the online application form.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability as per the selection criteria and requirements.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received.
Please note: Supporting documents not listed as part of the required documentation above will not be considered.
We encourage families to attend a campus tour or open day prior to the scholarship closing date.
Step 2. Interview
Shortlisted applicants are invited for an interview with the Head of Campus (or delegate) after the scholarship closing date. Interviews are held both in person and via video conference, depending on the applicant’s location.
Step 3. Scholarship offer
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application in Term 2 of the year prior to entry.
Successful applicants will be sent a letter of offer via email. To formally accept, applicants pay a one-off confirmation fee of $1200. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Unsuccessful applicants may reapply for a scholarship in future years, where they meet the eligibility criteria.