Elsternwick Music Scholarships are awarded to new students who demonstrate strong commitment to and passion for music.
Elsternwick Music Scholarships are only available at Wesley College’s Elsternwick Campus.
Applications are open for 2020 entry.
Applicants must be new students to Wesley College Elsternwick.
Elsternwick Music Scholarships are available through to:
- Year 4 (for recipients starting in Prep to Year 2)
- Year 6 (for recipients starting in Year 2 to Year 4).
Applicants are assessed using the following selection criteria:
- evidence of music skill and ability
- a commitment to developing potential for music ability
- enjoyment of and appreciation for music.
Applicants are also assessed during an interview/audition with the Head of Music and accompanying music teacher, which includes:
- a presentation or performance (singing or playing an instrument)
- a demonstration of musicianship, including identifying pitch and rhythm or sight-reading music.
The following documents are required for your application to be processed.
- The applicant’s most recent school report (if of primary school age)
- A recent photograph of the applicant
- The applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results (if applicable).
There is no application fee for the Elsternwick Music Scholarship.
Step 1. Apply online
To begin an online application, click on the ‘Apply now’ button below.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received. Shortlisted applicants will be invited in for an interview usually within two weeks of submission.
Step 2. Attend the interview/audition
Shortlisted applicants attend an interview/audition to demonstrate their musicianship. See selection criteria above for more information.
Step 3. Scholarship offer
Successful applicants formally accept an Elsternwick Music Scholarship by signing the letter of offer and paying a once-off confirmation fee of $1200, which is non-refundable and non-transferrable.