Elsternwick Music Scholarships
Elsternwick Music Scholarships are awarded to new students who demonstrate strong commitment to and passion for music. Applications for Elsternwick Music scholarships for 2024 are open.
Applicants must be new students to Wesley College Elsternwick Campus. Current students are not eligible to apply.
Elsternwick Music Scholarships are available through to:
- an Australian citizen or a temporary or permanent resident visa holder
- Year 4 (for recipients starting in Prep to Year 2)
- Year 6 (for recipients starting in Year 2 to Year 4).
The following documents are required for your application to be processed.
- The applicant’s most recent school report (if of primary school age)
- A recent photograph of the applicant
- The applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results (if applicable).
Applicants are assessed using the following selection criteria:
- evidence of music skill and ability
- a commitment to developing potential for music ability
- enjoyment of and appreciation for music.
Short-listed candidates may also be assessed via an interview/audition with the Head of Music and accompanying music teacher, which includes:
- a presentation or performance (singing or playing an instrument)
- a demonstration of musicianship, including identifying pitch and rhythm or sight-reading music.
STEP 1. APPLY ONLINE
To begin, click on the ‘Apply now’ button below.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability.
You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received.
STEP 2. ATTEND THE INTERVIEW/AUDITION
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview/audition to demonstrate their musicianship; usually within two weeks of submission.
STEP 3. SCHOLARSHIP OFFER
Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer via email. To accept an Elsternwick Music Scholarship, applicants pay a one-off Confirmation Fee of $1,200 and Tuition Contribution Fee of $2,800. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.