Elsternwick Language Scholarships are awarded to new students who demonstrate strong commitment to and passion for learning and developing proficiency in languages.
Applications are open for 2020 entry.
Applicants must be new to Wesley College Elsternwick Campus.
Elsternwick Language Scholarships are available through to:
- Year 4 (for recipients starting in Prep to Year 2)
- Year 6 (for recipients starting in Year 2 to Year 4).
Applicants are assessed using a combination of the following selection criteria:
- evidence of passion or potential for developing language skills and language proficiency
- evidence of the applicant’s family placing value on language learning and explicit support for and encouragement of language experiences
- a commitment to and interest in language learning
The following documents are required for your application to be processed.
- The applicant’s most recent school report (if of primary school age).
- A recent photograph of the applicant.
- The applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results (if applicable).
There is no application fee for the Elsternwick Language Scholarship.
Step 1. Apply online
To begin an online application, click on the ‘Apply now’ button below.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability. You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received. Shortlisted applicants will be invited in for an interview, usually within two weeks of submission.
Step 2. Attend the interview
Applicants attend an interview with Head of Campus and Head of Junior School to demonstrate their language proficiency and potential.
Step 3. Scholarship offer
Successful applicants are required to formally accept an Elsternwick Language Scholarship offer by paying a one-off confirmation fee of $1200, which is non-refundable and non-transferrable.