The Language Scholarships are awarded to new students who demonstrate strong commitment to, and passion for, learning and developing proficiency in languages. They are only available at Wesley College’s Elsternwick Campus.
Applications for 2022 entry are now open.
Applicants must be new to Wesley College Elsternwick Campus. Current students are not eligible to apply.
Elsternwick Language Scholarships are available through to:
- Year 4 (for recipients starting in Prep to Year 2)
- Year 6 (for recipients starting in Year 2 to Year 4).
Applicants are assessed using a combination of the following selection criteria:
- evidence of passion or potential for developing language skills and language proficiency
- evidence of the applicant’s family placing value on language learning and explicit support for and encouragement of language experiences
- a commitment to and interest in language learning.
The following documents are required for your application to be processed.
- The applicant’s most recent school report (if of primary school age).
- A recent photograph of the applicant.
- The applicant’s most recent NAPLAN results (if applicable).
There is no application fee for the Elsternwick Language Scholarship.
Terms and Conditions apply
STEP 1. APPLY ONLINE
To begin, click on the ‘Apply now’ button below.
You will be asked to provide evidence of the applicant’s eligibility and suitability. You will receive an acknowledgement email once your application is received.
STEP 2. INTERVIEW
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview with the Head of Campus and Head of Junior School to demonstrate their language proficiency and potential; usually within two weeks of submission.
STEP 3. SCHOLARSHIP OFFER
Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer via email. To accept an Elsternwick Language Scholarship, applicants pay a one-off Confirmation Fee of $1200 and Tuition Contribution Fee of $2,800. These fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.